Thursday, August 9, 2012

Freedom

For those of you who know me, you are well aware that I have tried to keep a blog or two in the past. Has it worked? Absolutely not. However, with all of my new-found freedom, I am going to try to be serious about blogging.  I LOVE reading my friends' blogs, and while I'm not naive enough to think boatloads of people are going to read mine, I would like to give friends and family the opportunity to keep up-to-date with my daily happenings, shenanigans, triumphs, and failures.

I would like to dedicate this first post to my new freedom. Let me explain: For the past 23 years of my life, I have always had some type of school, homework, or studying looming overhead. But for the first time ever, I can proudly state that I am DONE! Even after I was done in graduate school, I knew I still had to study for the CPA exam. (For those of you who don't know, it is a very difficult, four-part test that takes most people anywhere from several months to several years to successfully pass all four parts.) Starting last July, I have sacrificed my weeknights, Saturday mornings, Sunday afternoons, and oftentimes my happiness to studying for this exam. On Monday, more than a year after I started this long process of studying and testing, I received my last score... from the section I was positive I had failed. When I saw the score and read the magical words, "Passed All Sections of the CPA Exam", I was breathless- I was free!

As soon as I turn in some paper work and the fair state of Texas gets my license in order, I will be Kristin Bell, CPA! Free to watch TV in the evenings, do crafts, read a book, cook dinner, or be with friends. And I'm not going to lie, when I got in my car after work that day, I echoed the great words of Mel Gibson in Braveheart... "FREEEEDOOOOOOOM!"



1 comment: